(CLP → European Regulation on Classification, Labelling and Packaging of chemical substances and mixtures)
On 20th January 2009, Regulation (EC) No 1272/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council on classification, labeling and packaging of substances and mixtures as well as amending and repealing Directives 67/548/EEC (DSD) and 1999/45/EC (DPD) entered into force.
Compliance with the requirements of this Regulation requires special attention in the case of hazardous substances and mixtures used and manufactured by ISD DUNAFERR Zrt. The CLP Regulation will gradually replace the requirements of existing Regulations.
- After 1 December 2010, substances must be classified according to both DSD and CLP. Labeling and packaging shall be carried out exclusively according to CLP.
- Substances already classified, labeled, packaged and placed on the market (i.e. "on the shelves") in accordance with DSD before 1st December 2010 will only need to be re-labeled and repackaged according to CLP before 1st December 2012.
- Mixtures must continue to be classified, labeled and packaged according to the DPD until 1st June 2015; however, it is also possible to classify, label and package mixtures according to CLP before that date.
- Until June 1st, 2015, the classification of substances according to the DSD Directive must be included in the material safety data sheet along with the classification according to CLP. This applies to the safety data sheet for the substances themselves, as well as to the mixtures containing these substances.
- Until June 1st, 2015, the classification according to the DSD Directive must be included in the material safety data sheet of mixtures.
- Until 1 June 2015, if the mixture was classified, labeled and packaged in accordance with the CLP Regulation, it is mandatory to include the CLP classification in addition to the DPD classification.
- Suppliers may choose to identify a mixture based on the CLP classification before fully applying CLP. In this case, the supplier may include this information in the accompanying safety data sheet under the heading "other information".
- After 1st June 2015, both substances and mixtures are to be classified, labeled and packaged according to the CLP Regulation.
Mixtures that are already classified, labeled, packaged and placed on the market (i.e. "on the shelves") according to DPD before 1st June 2015 will only need to be re-labeled and repackaged before 1st June 2017.
In case of purchased products, the compliance of all materials/mixtures with the requirements of the CLP regulation has been checked in each case by ISD DUNAFERR Zrt. since 1st January 2011.